Contact Data We May Hold:
We limit the personal data we hold to what is relevant for supplying or marketing our services or otherwise conducting business.
Individuals from whom we retain Contact Data include clients, potential clients, suppliers, service providers, government officials, journalists, academics, industry experts and others with whom we have a business or professional relationship (collectively “Contacts”). The types of Contact Data we may hold include:
- Telephone/address Information (such as telephone numbers, street address, e-mail address)
- Personal and Family information (such as birthdays, anniversaries, special occasions)
- Other business or marketing-related personal details (such as Preferred Partners, Strategic Partners, business or professional roles, business titles, hobbies or interests and facilities preferences required for meeting planning)
- BAPI products and services previously purchased or within the individual’s area of interest
- Marketing channel preferences (such as an individual’s preference to be contacted via e-mail but not by telephone)
- Client Risk Assessments, Affordability Statements and Financial information (such as wages slips, income, assets and liabilities)
Sources of Contact Data:
We obtain Contact Data when individuals:
- are designated by their employer as our contacts for the purpose of submitting proposals, managing client assignments, invoicing, or (for companies providing services to BAPI) for managing the service relationship and paying invoices
- complete a BAPI registration form or other submission form, or request to be placed on our mailing list
- buy goods or services from BAPI,
- request information from us or
- otherwise provide BAPI or a BAPI employee, contractors, Strategic Partners with their contact details or other personal information
- Subscriptions through websites, newsletters and landing pages
- Trade shows, events, seminars, webinars, e-blasts
- Social media advertising and marketing
How We Use Contact Data:
We use Contact Data to:
- provide clients with goods, services or information they request
- advise clients and potential clients about products and services offered by BAPI or other members of BAPI including Strategic Partners, Contractors or Affiliates
- instruct or contract our suppliers and service providers for their services
- correspond with our Contacts
Except as described further below under the heading Legal Matters, we disclose Contact Data to others only with the individual’s prior permission or in the following limited circumstances:
- In the course of client work, we may disclose personal data concerning our clients to others in the same client organisation or to third parties, or disclose third party personal data to our clients, but only when we believe the disclosure is in the interest of both parties.
- We sometimes provide personal data to other companies and individuals to perform functions on our behalf (for example, to a mailing service to process a large mailing, or to a hotel to arrange a conference). Such data will be used solely to perform the contracted services for BAPI.
- As we continue to develop our business, we may sell or buy assets. If any BAPI business unit is sold or substantially all of BAPI is acquired, customer and contact data relevant to the operation sold would be one of the transferred assets.
How We Protect Contact Data:
We place a high priority on the security of your Contact Data. We apply appropriate technical, administrative, and physical safeguards to protect against foreseeable loss, unauthorized access, destruction, misuse, modification, and improper disclosure. However, no system or data can ever be fully protected against every possible hazard. As a result, we cannot ensure or warrant the security and privacy of any data you provide to us and, accordingly, you do so at your own risk.
Storage and Processing of Data:
You may change your marketing channel preferences, or request that you stop receiving all communications from us, at any time by contacting us as provided below.
You may review your Contact Data, at any time and instruct that it be corrected, updated or deleted, by contacting us as provided below. We will take all reasonable steps to make the requested changes promptly. However, you should be aware that it is not technologically possible to change or delete each and every instance of the data we hold on you from our systems and Contact Data may remain in non-erasable forms.
We may retain Contact Data for a period in our backup systems. We may also retain some information for longer periods as required by law, contract, or auditing requirements.
We have the right to disclose any Contact Data without your prior permission if BAPI has a good faith belief that such action is necessary to protect and defend the rights, property, or safety of BAPI, its clients, suppliers, or the public.
We may also disclose Contact Data as we deem necessary to satisfy any applicable law, regulation, legal process, or governmental request. In this, we will strictly adhere to the privacy laws and regulations of the relevant jurisdiction(s).
Data Collected through BAPI Web Sites:
Contacts and Complaints:
If you have any questions or concerns about this Policy, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call a BAPI on 1300 99 44 17.